Through College to Career, faculty and staff will help students become aware of career competencies, ensure students connect those competencies to the work they complete in their respective majors, and encourage students to demonstrate and share their understanding of career competencies in coursework and co-curricular programs through Portfolium, a career e-portfolio.
Faculty fellows include:
- Aakanksha Angra, academic professional in biology
- Sandra L. Dwyer, principal senior lecturer of philosophy
- Laura Hastings, senior lecturer in political science and global studies
- Jung Ha Kim, principal senior lecturer of sociology
- Melissa McLeod, senior lecturer of English
- Paul N. Ulrich, senior lecturer of biology
- Natalie Stickney, assistant professor in kinesiology and health at Perimeter College
- Sahithya Reddivari assistant professor of engineering
- Tamra Susan Ortgies-Young, assistant professor of political science at Perimeter College
- Keisha Brown, assistant professor of mathematics at Perimeter College
- Susan Cody-Rydzewski, faculty member in sociology
- Christa Wright, assistant professor of public health
- Shelby Frost, clinical associate professor of economics
- Isabelle Nathalie Monlouis, professor of practice entrepreneurship and innovation
The College to Career initiative at Georgia State reinforces the strategic commitment Georgia State has made to “become a national model for undergraduate education by demonstrating that students from all backgrounds can achieve academic and career success at high rates.” The initiative is part of Georgia State University’s Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP), a requirement for reaffirmation of accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges and Universities.
The Center for Excellence in Leadership and Teaching (CETL) is partnering with the Office of Student Success and the Office of Institutional Effectiveness to support the initiative through training, workshops, and grants to faculty members. Learn more about CETL resources for the College to Career Initiative at https://cetl.gsu.edu/programs-grants-awards/college-to-careers/.