Guidelines & More Information
Thanks for your submission! Please check out the guidelines below before submitting an item; open each section by clicking or tapping the + sign; close the section by clicking or tapping the – sign.
Next Edition Deadline & Publication Date
- Content Deadline: Friday, July 28, 2023
- Publication: Tuesday, August 15, 2023
When you use this form, please keep the following in mind:
- Publication Schedule: Please make sure to confer with the publication schedule so that you don’t miss the deadline for the e-distribution. Click here to read it. We publish 4 times an academic year, typically on the Tuesday before classes start in August, and in October, February, and April.
- Schedule Changes: The publication schedule is subject to change if needed or directed by the Provost. Sometimes, there are major events or other matters that require delays in publication. If we accept something and the publication date changes for that edition, we will do our best to notify you as soon as possible.
- Application Deadlines/Event Dates: When sharing an item that has a submission/application deadline, be mindful of the due date. It should be after the following newsletter’s publication date. The same thing applies to events.
- Remember Your Audience: While primarily directed toward faculty, this publication is distributed to both faculty and staff at the university (who are subscribed by default unless they opt-out), provost’s offices of peer and local institutions, and external subscribers.
- Use Existing Web Links/Content: If you are submitting an item, please feel free to use an existing link so that you don’t have to enter all the text again. For example, if a submission already exists on the university News Hub at news.gsu.edu, just share the direct link. If your information exists in a PDF document, you can share it as an optional supplemental file.
- Pictures: We’d love to see any photos you have that we might be able to publish! You’ll be able to submit them using the form.
- No Outside Submissions: We do not accept outside submissions. You must use a gsu.edu email address to submit an item.
- Acceptance/Rejection: The Office of the Provost reserves the right to accept or reject any submission.
- Help: This newsletter is edited by Jeremy Craig, Communications Manager for the Office of the Provost. Email him at [email protected] if you need help.
The newsletter has seven standing categories. Choose the category that most applies to your submission:
- Academic Affairs
- To include CETLOE, IIT news related to teaching/learning, university leadership news, assessments of student learning, program assessment, curricula, or any other matter addressed by the Office of Academic Affairs (read academic.gsu.edu for more)
- Faculty Affairs
- To include matters handled by the Office of Faculty Affairs, such university-level awards and professorships, faculty workshops/seminar opportunities, new faculty resources, new policies, and the like.
- To include college-/school-/institute-level awards, and other recognitions.
- Identity, Placemaking & Belonging
- International Initiatives
- Activities of the Office of International Initiatives
- News with an international tie
- Research news, grants, and opportunities
- Student Success
- Faculty Spotlight (faculty profiles)
There is also a selection in the menu below for news from the Strategic Plan.
We do not accept outside solicitations or submissions. We require that you use your @gsu.edu email address to submit an item.