NOTE: Any changes to procedures/policies based on Board of Regents directives will be posted below and also distributed via campus email.
Faculty Instructions and Online Form Link
Georgia State is an institution of the University System of Georgia (USG). As a unit of the USG, it is required to follow policies and directives set by the central system.
The USG’s policy is that temporary modality changes may only be made where the instructor tests positive or has a need to isolate and is able to teach remotely. In these circumstances, the instructor must obtain the approval of the dean and Office of the Provost to temporarily change the course modality. The change must not extend beyond the period of isolation. The latest isolation and quarantine guidance is available at the Georgia State COVID-19 information website at https://covidinfo.gsu.edu/.
The university has created an online form to submit and route these requests for review. Instructions for submission and the form link are below.
Only use this form when a temporary modality change is needed because the instructor tests positive or has a need to isolate and is able to teach remotely.
- Select the form link using the button below. Log in using your Georgia State credentials. This will automatically populate your contact information.
- Enter course information. Enter one course at a time. If you have multiple courses that require a change, please enter each separately.
- Select the Change Type you are requesting – Hybrid to Online or Face to Face to Online.
- Enter a start date for the change. The start date should be the next class date that will have the requested new modality.
- Enter an end date. If in isolation, this should be for the 5-day isolation period based on the most recent guidance (please refer to https://covidinfo.gsu.edu/#isolation-quarantine/). If your symptoms continue after 5 days and you must continue to isolate, you may re-submit your request for modality change and note the situation in the section for comments on the form, with a new start and end date.
- Click SUBMIT. The form will automatically be routed to your Department Chair, Dean, and the Provost for review.
- You will be notified of the approval or denial via email from NOfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that this form is not a substitute for communicating directly with your Department Chair and your class.
Faculty and administrators, please contact email@example.com regarding technical questions.
Students: This form is for use only by faculty. If you need help, we’ve included links here.
A Note to Students
Recently, students have attempted to use this form to request an absence or to go to an online modality.
Instead, please follow the instructions at the link below for what to do if you test positive or experience symptoms, as well as the link to send medical documentation to the Dean of Students office if needed.