Associate Provost for International Initiatives
Georgia State University, Georgia’s largest university across six campuses, is seeking an Associate Provost for International Initiatives.
Georgia State has retained the firm of Greenwood/Asher & Associates (GA&A) to conduct this national search. A position summary and link to a PDF of the position profile are available below.
May 25, 2023
Georgia State University invites nominations and applications for the position of Associate Provost for International Initiatives (APII). The APII will serve as the Senior International Officer of a nationally recognized university and provide leadership in shaping and carrying out the university’s ambitious international agenda and approach for campus globalization.
The Associate Provost for International Initiatives (APII) reports to the Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost and provides leadership to increase Georgia State’s global impact by developing new programs, policies, and practices that support and strengthen the university’s international programs and activities. The APII serves as the chief advocate internally to university leadership, and externally to foundations and others, for increased support and the necessary resource allocation for international faculty ventures and partnerships as well as increased student engagement.
The university seeks a creative, entrepreneurial, and broadly experienced leader to oversee a dedicated professional staff, build on successes to date, and expand Georgia State’s global engagement and visibility. The APII will be in the position to shape how international engagement and globalization will support and address the primary pillars of the university’s new strategic plan.
- Michael Galchinsky, Senior Associate Provost for Academic Affairs
- Sara Rosen, Dean, College of Arts and Sciences
- Mourad Dakhli, Clinical Professor Institute for International Business, J. Mack Robinson College of Business
- Doug Gardenhire, Clinical Professor and Chair of Respiratory Therapy, Byrdine F. Lewis College of Nursing and Health Professions
- Glen Ross, Clinical Associate Professor, Economics, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies
- Catherine Chang, Professor of Counseling & Psychological Services and Director of International Programs, College of Education and Human Development
- Christine Stauber, Associate Professor and Associate Chair, School of Public Health
- Lauri Goodling, Associate Professor and Associate Dean for Honors and International Initiatives, Perimeter College
- Allen Fromherz, Professor of History, College of Arts and Sciences
- Drew Webster, Assistant Director, International Student Scholar Services
- Farrah Bernardino, Senior Director, Office of International Initiatives
Internal candidates are welcome. You may also nominate yourself.